250-847-2133 | 1-800-881-1218 #3-205 Beaver Road | Smithers, British Columbia | V0J2N1
Lacey Naziel, Housing Manager

Lacey Naziel, Housing Manager

My job is to apply to the government to build new homes for both families and single community members. I also add people to the Housing List, categorizing their requests for renovations. There are currently two renovations categories available--Mould Renovations and the RRAP Renovation.

If you're looking for a renovation or want to get onto the housing list, come in and talk to me at the Multiplex. And if your name is already on the list and time has passed, I encourage you to visit and confirm your intentions and needs: the list is constantly being updated to accurately represent our community members' needs.

You can also contact me at lacey.naziel@moricetown.ca, or by calling me at (250) 847-2133 ext. 232.

Frequently Asked Questions


What is social housing?

Social housing is an on-reserve, non-profit Housing program known as CMHC Section 95 housing. The program is to assist First Nations in providing affordable rental housing on-reserve.

Am I eligible?

Band members who are over the age of 19, do not own a home and are not paying a mortgage are eligible to be on the section 95 housing wait-list.

How often can a First Nations person apply for Section 95 Housing?

You can apply up to once per year if you are First Nations and have been formally invited by CMHC to do so.

Am I on the list?

To find out if you are on the section 95 housing list, you must email: lacey.naziel@moricetown.ca

Is my home eligible for renovation?

All requests for renovation must be submitted to the front desk in writing by the owner of the home. Once an application is submitted the Tenant Relations worker will look into your file for a record of past renovation dates. These dates will determine what type of renovation your home is eligible for.

To qualify for a Mould renovation an Environmental Health Officer must confirm mould in the home. Your home is eligible for a mould renovation once every ten years.

To qualify for a CMHC Energy Efficiency Renovation your home must be 5 years or older. Your home is eligible once every fifteen years. CHMC section 95 homes within the 25 year rental payment period are not eligible.

Is there a max on household earning to qualify for a renovation?

For CMHC RRAP renovations there is an income limit of $41,000.00. There is no income limit for Mould Renovations.

How do I apply?

Submit all requests in writing to the Tenant Relations Workers in person or via Email, Fax or Mail. For Section 95 housing, an application will be sent back to you to fill out.

I have a housing emergency! What should I do?

All homes that are still within the 25 year rental payment period must report any housing related emergencies within 24 hours of the incident occurring. Ex: Electrical, water & sewer, vandalism. All other homes are the responsibility of the homeowner to repair.

Any water line breakages must be reported to the Maintenance Department immediately.

Some Useful Housing Documents