Our RV Park and Campground stands on a plateau surrounded by snow-capped mountains, overlooking the beautiful Widzin Kwah Canyon conveniently located on the popular Yellowhead Highway 16 circle tour route to Alaska. We have world class salmon fishing just steps away from the campground! If you enjoy watching wildlife and birds, we have an abundance of moose, deer, black bear and a large selection of a variety of birds such as bald eagles, whisky jacks, and grosbeaks.
We are nearing the completion of a major infrastructure upgrade to our 40 site campground! As of 2018, our campground will have new bathrooms with “roll in” accessible showers! We upgraded our sites to accommodate for a wide range of mobility needs with well compacted, level surfaces and accessible picnic tables. Electrical services to the 33 sites have been upgraded with 50 amp for the larger sites and 30 amp for the medium sites; there are 8 un-serviced tent sites. Other upgrades include:
- fibre optics high-speed internet
- new children’s playground
- seven large pull-through sites
- security system and fencing
- on-site caretaker unit
- direct trail to canyon and convenience store via hillside stairs
- new, free front load washers and dryers with steam cleaning capability
- new professionally guided Witsuwit’en Cultural Tours at the on-site Museum/Interpretive Center
Coming soon, you will now be able to book your campsite online via our new tourism website.
The RV Park & Campground will opening soon for the 2018 season!
Norma Stumborg, Manager
250-847-2133 extension 264
Scheduled Upgrades for the RV Campgrounds, Spring and Summer 2017
The following upgrades to the campgrounds were planned for construction during the spring and summer of 2017.