The mission of our school is to provide a caring, sensitive and motivational environment for indigenous youth, who live both in Moricetown and in surrounding communities.
This mission is achieved in the following ways:
- A holistic education without borders, to best meet the emotional, social and academic needs of our children.
- A safe learning environment, provided in their own community.
- Eliminating roadblocks by identifying areas of need and constructing a personalized IEP.
- Allowing students to progress at their own speed, building trust.
- Keeping a counsellor on site to address deeper emotional needs.
- Hiring talented staff who come equipped with a diverse set of skills.
- Hiring indigenous educational assistants from the community, who act as cultural liaisons.
- Encouraging responsibility and accountability by raising the bar on our expectations for their futures.
- Building bridges with other communities.
- Learning about historical art with interactive visits to indigenous artists.
- Offering retreats and outdoor experiences.
In the spring of 2017, we took a year-end class trip to Osoyoos, B.C. Here is a video of our adventures!